Friday, May 21, 2010

.. our last days.. in Austin.

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Abilene, TX holding my breath in hopes that Dylan will take a quick nap while chris and the girls are at the pool. We've started our trek back to Calgary. It's supposed to take us 3 1/2 days... however, if it weren't for the food poisoning that Anna and I got at midnight last night, we would have been almost to Amarillo- a much more successful destination on our road trip home. ..  I know this yucky ending to the greatest road trip ever will not cloud my thoughts on wanting to move Austin. It truly is a great place to "be"!!!


We took the girls to Lakeway City Park. A nice little sandy section. One of many on Lake Travis. 
Brooke "I can see some seaweed!" ...hhmmm....
They couldn't figure out why they couldn't find any sea shells.... that is WHY we take them on these trips!.. so they can learn these things!!!
Poor Dylan. She was soooo hot!
We met a new friend in Austin and this is her daughter, Jane Scarlett. Dylan and Jane had nice time feeling each others fat rolls.
Anna doing a rain dance. Go away RAIN! Actually, it was an amazing-warm-thunderstorm.
One of many morning snuggles with baby sister.
Shopping on S. Congress is sooo fun! 
Anna tried so hard to get us to buy her these pink boots (OMG I LOVED THEM)..and i know she would have even slept in them...  but really- her feet would have grown out of them in a day.. :(
mmmm.......
Anna took this picture.
Slumber party!!!
Out for some BBQ at The County Line.

We are culturing her. 
Our last day at the park.
Our last day at the pool.. pretending to be cold... it was 90 out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful pics! I loved meeting Y'ALL, and can't wait until we're practically neighbors. Maybe I should go ahead and brush up on my Catholic guilt trips so I can get Erin to make the leap. ;)
And PS: I covet those pink boots! Ahhh, Allen's. That picture of Brookie and Dylan is a framer for sure. And the one of Anna in those boots...to die for. SAFE TRAVELS! Hope you're feeling better!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

OMG, County Line is SOOOOO good!!! Now I want BBQ over the Indian I just ordered. Yummmyyyyyy, when are you moving so we can plan our visit, I <3 Austin.