Monday, May 17, 2010

Austin, May 7-21. It ain't over yet.

It was an easy drive from Houston to Austin.. and the day we arrived it was good and sweaty. High humidity.. mid nineties.. a good day for a good F*ing burger... and I knew right where to get one. You see, there aren't any good burger's in Calgary.... Add that to my list of reason's why I want to move to Austin... In fact, our Calgary friends had us over for dinner before we left on our trip South. It was a GFB party... yes, they were good GFB'S.. but not as good as Johnny Fin's GFB's ..  Here is 1/2 of my GFB cuz as much as I tried to convince Chris to get the GFB at Johnny Fins, he ordered the fish tacos, and then ate 1/2 my GFB. I suppose I need to go back to Johnny Fin's and get another GFB before I head back to Calgary, the land of lame hamburgers.

See. Dylan was ready for that burger.
and then the next morning we hit my favorite breakfast joint for banana walnut pancakes. Dylan was ready for that too.. 
That's me. Happy. Got my GFB and my pancakes.
There are spray parks everywhere in the South. Lesson learned: always have a spare set of clothes for the kids. 


Zilker Park Botanical Gardens in downtown Austin.


Me and my Dad.
Our sweet girl. 
Chris and I got a chance to go on one date night on this trip. We headed to downtown Austin where all the cool people go. Here we are for a quick drink before dinner.
This was where we got that quick drink.


We ended up on 2nd st for dinner at a great wine bar called Cru. Here is our wine "flight". 
Here is the bird poop on my shirt.
Brooke got her ears pierced!!!!!!!! She was so brave. I was not.
Anna got a headband. She was not scared.


Our point of being here is to also look at various neighborhoods so we can decide where to live. We headed out to Round Rock- and took the kids to a local park. It was hot and sunny yet again... and we forgot Dylan's hat.. she will hate me for putting my scarf on her head. Poor little baby Jemima. Actually, she looks pretty damn happy.
We SWEAR she is waving in this picture. If she was 16 she'd be giving me the finger for making her wear that scarf/ hat.
Feeding the ducks their 10,000th meal of the day.
Another trip to a park. Zilker park. It has a train and crusty the clown. He makes animal balloons and is slightly scary. 
Where does one actually get shoes like this? 

Crusty made Anna a pink kitty on a stick and a ladybug bracelet for Brooke. I couldn't have picked a better animal for either of them. Good job Crusty.





Contemplating life while they wait for their tacos at Torchy's Tacos.

S'mores night!!! Do you think they taste better in Austin. I think YES.
More later.......

No comments: